Regional IT Lead (EMEA)
London, England, United KingdomInformation Technology
FlexTrade Systems is a global leader in high performance multi-asset execution management and order management systems for equities, fixed income, foreign exchange, futures, and options. A pioneer in the field, FlexTrade is internationally recognized for introducing FlexTRADER®, the world’s first broker-neutral, execution management trading system, which allows clients to completely control and customize their execution workflows through a comprehensive ability to search/access liquidity while maintaining the confidentiality of their trading strategies.
As a financial services technology vendor that delivers mission critical Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) to our clients, FlexTrade’s IT Infrastructure Operations is vital to our business and foundational to customer success. You will be a vital asset to the leadership of FlexTrade’s IT Infrastructure Operations, who play an integral role in the business, keeping our revenue generating SaaS environment free from downtime. This ensures we can deliver a high level of service to our diverse set of clients, including large asset managers, hedge funds, banks and brokers which in turn maintains FlexTrade's reputation as a market leader in Electronic Trading space. This presents an exciting challenge for the Regional IT Lead.
We are actively seeking experienced candidates to lead our London based Network and IT Infrastructure team that supports FlexTrade’s EMEA (Europe, Middle East & Africa – incl. UK) based Operations. The Regional IT Lead (EMEA) will lead a team of 4+ team members and report into the Global IT Infrastructure Operations Lead (based in Great Neck, NY). However, this leader will be expected to operate independently and be the primary point of contact for the business leaders and clients in EMEA for all matters relating to our SaaS hosting operations.
The successful applicant will have experience in leading small teams as well as hands on knowledge of running and maintaining a SaaS hosting environment. This position is responsible for ensuring effective delivery of services and successful delivery of key infrastructure and network projects through both team management and direct contribution. This position will also be a key enabler driving collaboration with IT Infrastructure Operations Teams based in AMS and APAC.
- Provide strategic direction and oversight for the design, development, operation and support of IT systems to deliver FlexTrade’s solutions.
- Ensure effective service delivery and management through timely project delivery and working closely with our Hosting Operations team to support ticket-based work
- Work on tickets and projects as needed to ensure successful delivery of services and projects. Manage and take part (if needed) in rota and on-call coverage for the running of the FlexTrade environment.
- Manage, escalate and analyze incidents and problems for the production environment, assessing patterns, making recommendations, and providing appropriate communication.
- Work with other support groups (e.g., development, client services) to define workflows and update standard operating procedures. Follows industry best practices where appropriate.
- Provide leadership, coaching and direction to the local team, coordinate with the wider, global, infrastructure teams and foster a business-oriented culture and mindset.
- Working with the global team to identify critical infrastructure projects and advise on emerging technologies to ensure IT capabilities respond to the needs of FlexTrade’s business strategy.
- Engage with existing or prospective clients in EMEA seeking to evaluate or develop a better understanding of FlexTrade’s application hosting environment
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, information systems, or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Deep understanding of current and emerging infrastructure technologies and how other enterprises are employing them.
- Team leadership and management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts and technologies to business leaders, and business concepts to the infrastructure operations team.
- Experience in managing data centre environments including installations, patching, lifecycle management, capacity management, process automation, orchestration etc.
- Understanding of infrastructure stack, including
- Physical Infrastructure Stack - Compute, Storage, Networking (e.g., Cisco)
- Linux/Windows OS
- Virtualization (e.g., VMWare); Citrix
- Connectivity (VPLS, VPN, Leased Lines, Cross Connects)
- Familiarity with emerging technologies including
- Cloud Technologies incl Private/Hybrid Cloud (AWS, Azure, VMC)
- Continuous Integration/Development (Jenkins)
- Containerization (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Monitoring Technologies
- ITIL certification and/or technical certifications in any of the above technologies’ desirable
- Ability to drive organizational change and build infrastructure capabilities that effectively optimize operational efficiency and deliver innovative and agile solutions.
- Ability to accommodate late day / weekend work as necessary to facilitate infrastructure changes to the production environment in non-market hours
- Strong vendor management and partner relation skills
FlexTrade UK Ltd. conducts a pre-employment screening which consists of a Criminal History, Background and Credit Check for successful candidates.