Lead Corporate Support Engineer
FlexTrade Systems is a global leader in high performance multi-asset execution management and order management systems for equities, fixed income, foreign exchange, futures, and options. A pioneer in the field, FlexTrade is internationally recognized for introducing FlexTRADER®, the world’s first broker-neutral, execution management trading system, which allows clients to completely control and customize their execution workflows through a comprehensive ability to search/access liquidity while maintaining the confidentiality of their trading strategies.
The Corporate IT Team’s mission is to provide premier customer service globally and to enable FlexTraders with secure cutting edge, technology solutions to fulfill FlexTrade’s mission – Trade Your Best.
FlexTrade Corporate IT is looking for a Lead Corporate Support Engineer to innovate and grow our Corporate Information Technology Services and improve our processes globally. We are looking for an individual who has passion, knowledge, drive, and most importantly, someone who loves what they do and who they do it with!
You will be able to pass on their knowledge to our global team to strengthen our technical and operational processes, and be willing to work with our wider teams such as Security, Operations and the general business to help implement and streamline our Corporate Solutions offering. We support our users and team on Tier 2 related issues.
- Support Windows, Mac and Linux environments
- Support mobile Android and IOS environments
- Support Desktop and Laptop environments
- Lead a team of support engineers and takes ownership of reviewing day to day BAU Tasks, assuring the team is meeting SLA’s
- Develop a team culture of analyzing issues and identifying root cause.
- Build technical troubleshooting guides, documentation and a substantial knowledge base, and train the team to use and take advantage of this knowledge bank
- Establish metrics and build reports to measure the effectiveness of the team and operational efficiencies
- Ability and Experience on Premise and Remote Desktop and Applications Support
- Strong ITIL and Process Design Experience
- Experience with designing and implementing a KCS Model of Knowledge
- Mentor the team on best practices on achieving BAU objectives
- Work closely with other IT teams, including Information Security and Corporate Application Development teams to sustain a stable, high performing, and available application environment
- Supporting and working towards SME Status for M365/Intune/Azure, Jira/Confluence
- Support various project based work, such as upgrades or deployment of specific tools/patches etc.
- Liaise with vendors to research and resolve issues on a day to day support and escalations on Corp system
- Conduct research to make evaluations and recommendations to maintain a high level of expertise in systems software to ensure departmental operations and operating environment are of the highest quality.
- Communicate with IT groups to assess systems risks on those areas and to keep groups apprised of systems issues that may have an impact on those areas, including projected down times and business risks.
- Learn and understand our client area business functions and requirements, and be able to determine the appropriate technical tool to address the client's business needs.
- Ensure compliance with policies, procedures and regulations to ensure safe and sound business operations.
Key Skills & Requirements
- Degree in Engineering or Computer Science, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Solid experience in the Desktop Support and or System Engineering
- ITIL Intermediate Certification
- Exposure to designing and implementing a KCS Model of Knowledge
- Experience with M365, Jira, Confluence, Fuze Support and Configuration
- Administering other resources such as Windows Enterprise Server and Linux a Plus
- Experience with and/or administrative Skills in the following a plus: M365, Cloud PBX Systems, Jira, Confluence
- Strong customer service and orientation
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Project management experience is a plus
FlexTrade is renowned for our high performance, open architecture systems that surpass our competition by providing our clients with a highly tailored trading experience. Engineering at FlexTrade is technologically exciting, inspiring and challenging. Engineers have the opportunity to be creative top tier contributors in every area and within every development stage. Our unique office culture creates an environment where engineers can thrive and grow their careers.
**FlexTrade Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.**