Linux Systems Admin (SaaS Ops)
Sydney, New South Wales, AustraliaInformation Technology
FlexTrade Systems is a global leader in high performance multi-asset execution management and order management systems for equities, fixed income, foreign exchange, futures, and options. A pioneer in the field, FlexTrade is internationally recognized for introducing FlexTRADER®, the world’s first broker-neutral, execution management trading system, which allows clients to completely control and customize their execution workflows through a comprehensive ability to search/access liquidity while maintaining the confidentiality of their trading strategies.
As part of the SaaSOps Unit, the Systems Engineering team provides systems and application configuration and hands-on administration for Linux based operating system delivered on VMware in a 24/7, highly available environment.
The successful candidate possesses an advanced knowledge of Linux administration, project leadership and/or architectural design and expertise. The Linuix Engineer will support highly complex systems including integration, security and high level Linux server administration. This individual provides input regarding future direction and growth of the Linux server infrastructure, performing design and implementation of enterprise wide infrastructures, which includes linux servers, and Patching infrastructure, as well as VMWare projects and initiatives.
- Influence and contribute to detailed designs, functional and technical, for all projects.
- Provide expertise and recommend optimal solutions to meet technical and business requirements.
- Drive and deliver on strategic planning, design, and support of global server infrastructure including business recovery and continuity planning.
- Produce output in a highly collaborative environment, with the ability to organize and work towards a common goal.
- Collaborate with Windows and Linux Engineering team members in the development, presentation, and demonstration of operational systems.
- Oversee efforts and accountable to resolve enterprise Linux server infrastructure challenges.
- Bachelor’s in Engineering or Computer Science, or equivalent technical experience.
- Experience in designing, developing, configuring, and implementing enterprise server platforms in a 300+ Vmware and Citrix server farm environment.
- 5 or more years of experience with linux Server Administration and hardware.
- 3 or more years of experience with Citrix and virtualization
- 3 or more years of patching experience in a high availability datacenter environment.
- Scripting and Automation skills relative to Citrix infrastructure technologies.
- Outstanding customer focused communication and relationship building skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with proven documentation skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple high priority project deliverables.
Nice to Haves
- BigFix automated patching deployment and maintenance.
- VMWare products, vROps, vSAN, NSX
- Solid understanding of disaster recovery methods and practical experience recovering complex networks. Experience in disaster recovery planning and execution.
- Vendor management and engagement experience.
FlexTrade Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability
status, or any other status protected by law.