Postgres Developer –FlexTCA
FlexTrade is looking for Postgres Developer to be a part of a rapidly evolving technology group supplying top quality solutions to our growing top tier global client base. This role offers the opportunity to work closely with data scientists and data engineers within FlexTrade’s Quantitative Solutions team, as well as exposure to cutting edge analytics and machine learning technologies.
Our wide range of trading products, including Equities, Options, Futures, FX and more, offers numerous technical opportunities. Candidates must have a passion for learning and designing new technologies and methodologies quickly and employing them into deliverable solutions. Our developers contribute to the full software cycle of design, development, and support of new and existing software components.
The candidate will be responsible for design, implementation, and maintenance of FlexTCA’s data processing and storage systems. The product offers the opportunity to the candidate to learn vast depth and breadth of trading and analytics technologies and the associated trade life cycle.
- The candidate will need to support our High Volume RealTime & Historical Trading databases using Postgres 9.x and above.
- Should be able to tune Postgres queries to optimize query performance.
- The individual will contribute to the design, development, and management of order & execution data along with bucketed timeseries ticks for various assets classes.
- Create Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) workflows for a diverse range of datasets.
- Write and maintain API interfaces with third party data vendors.
- Will be responsible for all Production, QA and Dev databases on Linux environment.
Work closely with FlexTrade client support team to
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience acceptable.
- Experience level- 3-4 years
- Excellent PostgreSQL skills are required.
- Demonstrated interest and expertise in ETL workflows strongly preferred.
- Knowledge or experience with another relations database and associated SQL (TSQL, PL/SQL)
- Experience tuning quries and writing Stored Procedures, Triggers, Cursors etc.
- Experience in a Python and UNIX environment.
- Knowledge or experience of trading analytics would be a big plus.
- Experience with Big Data and/or Time Series databases will be preferred
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills