Regional Controller - APAC
Founded in 1996, FlexTrade Systems is the global leader in high performance, multi-asset order and execution management solutions.
FlexTrade introduced the first trading system that enabled clients to control and customize their proprietary algorithms while maintaining the confidentiality of their trading strategies via a vendor-provided, broker-neutral platform.
Our worldwide client base spans more than 175 buy- and sell-side institutions, including investment banks, hedge funds, asset managers, commodity trading advisors and institutional brokers.
Located in Great Neck, NY with offices in North America, Europe and Asia, FlexTrade maintains an experienced staff of developers, programmers, strategists and product specialists, who work hand-in-hand with our clients' technologists and traders to break new ground in the field of electronic trading.
We offer competitive salaries, bonuses and a comprehensive benefits package.
Reporting to the Vice President, Finance, you will be responsible for the accounting and finance operations of APAC, to include the maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, enhance the accuracy of the company’s financial results and ensure that reported results are timely and comply with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and local and regional requirements and legal mandates.Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the regional accounting function
- Prepare all financial transactions, oversee all accountancy matters, including audit process, accounts receivable and payables.
- Work closely with the VP Finance to drive the company’s financial controls and budget, reporting, planning and analysis.
- Assist in preparing annual budgets and frequent forecasts.
- Assist in regional Cash Management
- Own the local statutory financial statement process. Ensure completion of local statutory financial statements in a timely manner, complete with reconciliation to U.S. GAAP
- Provide insightful financial analyses that help drive strategic decisions.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly reporting packages for Corporate
- Liaison with external auditors and tax agents
- Prepare ad hoc reports as required
- Experience in regional financial controls: Singapore and India
- University Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 10 plus years of relevant experience in audit, reporting or finance controller role, preferably accounting experience, Big 4 experience a plus.
- Knowledge of financial applications, ERP applications (NetSuite) and/or planning applications desirable
- Experience with the multi-national firm, consolidating entities, transfer pricing and intercompany transactions
- Advanced systems and particularly excel skills; proficient in Excel modelling and building dashboard reports. Experience in systems change projects
- Ability and desire to develop the necessary knowledge and skills to grow within the Finance organization.
- Strong analytical, organization, planning and project management skills
- Strong personal initiative, enthusiasm, results orientation and resourcefulness; exhibits a commitment to achieving the organization’s goals and an ability to overcome obstacles
- Proven ability to gain the cooperation of others.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to interface to senior levels of an organization is required.
- Highly motivated, hands-on personality.
Does this sound like you? We would love to hear from you. You can apply on the link on this page and we will get back to you as soon as we are able. For more information visit http://flextrade.com or follow us on twitter and LinkedIn for the latest updates.
FlexTrade Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.