Software Developer (C++)
Great Neck, New York, United States$110,000 - $150,000 per yearEngineering & Development
Founded in 1996, we are the global leader in broker-neutral algorithmic trading platforms and rules-based order-management and execution systems for equities, foreign exchange, and listed derivatives.
A pioneer in the field, FlexTrade introduced the first trading system that allowed clients to control and customize their proprietary algorithms while maintaining the confidentiality of their trading strategies via a vendor-provided, broker-neutral platform.
With offices in North America, Europe, and Asia, FlexTrade maintains an experienced staff of developers, programmers, strategists and product specialists, who work together with our clients' technologists and traders to break new ground in the field of electronic trading.
Come join our friendly, work environment- we are two blocks from the Great Neck, LIRR stop! We offer competitive salaries, bonuses, and a comprehensive benefits package.
We are looking for a mid-level, skilled C++ developer to join our team. The ideal candidate will have experience working with low-latency products and trading exchanges. The successful candidate will be passionate about finance and technology. You approach problems not only from a technical point of view, but also from the business aspect. As a C++ developer, you will be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining low latency, high-performance integrations with market data providers and maintaining existing ones. You will also be responsible for delivering continuous optimization for latency, scale, and resiliency improvements. We use agile scrum methodology to plan and manage our projects. We believe a great developer will pick up skills as needed.
- C++ Development: integrate with Exchange/3rd Party feed handler APIs.
- C++ Development: implement and test new features and performance enhancements in FlexTrade’s Market Data APIs.
- Take ownership of specific modules within the system and work on bug fixes and enhancements.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Computer Science (or related field).
- At least 5 years of professional software development.
- Proficient in C++
- Strong understanding of data structures, algorithms, and software design principles.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of Linux C++ development environment: vim, gdb, make, valgrind etc.
- Experience working in Linux Environments with good command of shell, python, awk, sed
- Excellent communication skills to articulate ideas, problems, and solutions.
- Motivation and determination to learn and grow.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team and demonstrate passion for developing high-quality software.
Nice to have:
- Experience in Financial Services or related fields.
**FlexTrade Systems, Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an authorized agreement for a particular SOW (Statement of Work) in place is hired: such resumes are deemed the sole property of FlexTrade Systems, Inc.**
**FlexTrade Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.**