Sr. Applications Engineer
Sr. Applications Engineer
Founded in 1996, FlexTrade Systems is the global leader in high performance, multi asset order and execution management solutions. FlexTrade introduced the first trading system that enabled clients to control and customize their proprietary algorithms while maintaining the confidentiality of their trading strategies via a vendor-provided, broker-neutral platform.
Our worldwide client base spans more than 175 buy- and sell-side institutions, including investment banks, hedge funds, asset managers, commodity trading advisors, and institutional brokers.
Located in Great Neck, NY, with offices in North America, Europe, and Asia, FlexTrade maintains an experienced staff of developers, programmers, strategists and product specialists, who work hand-in-hand with our clients' technologists and traders to break new ground in the field of electronic trading.
The Corporate IT Team’s mission is to provide premier customer service globally and to enable FlexTraders with secure cutting edge, technology solutions to fulfill FlexTrade’s mission – Trade Your Best.
- Provide High-Quality, Responsive Support
- Deliver Secure and Globally Scalable Solutions
- Design, Implement and Support Innovative Solutions
- We support people, not technology
- We treat everybody how we would like to be treated ourselves
- We work together - we listen, we talk, we learn, we fix, we innovate
- Provide effectiveness of support for our customers
- Provide a High Quality of Life for our Technical Support Team
- Provide a High-Value Cost Effective Products and Services
FlexTrade Corporate IT is looking for a Senior Application Engineer who loves what he does and who he is doing it with. Passion, Knowledge, and Drive and a thirst to innovate and grow our Corporate Applications Services and improve our processes globally. Be able to pass on their knowledge to our Global Team to strengthen our Technical and Operational Processes. Willing to work in Teams and on Projects that are Security, Operations, and Business related to implementing and streamline our Applications Solutions. We are supporting our users and team on Tier 2-3 Related issues.
- Experience with Maintaining On-Premise Applications
- Experience and ability to take ownership of a project, design, implement and rollout either directly or with a vendor.
- Work closely with other IT teams, including Information Security and Application Development teams to sustain a stable, high performing, and available application environment
- Supporting email integrations and configuring inbound/outbound mail flow topologies and SMTP relay
- Vendor Management for Cloud Applications
- Conduct research make evaluations and recommendations and maintain a high level of expertise in systems software to ensure departmental operations and operating environment are of the highest quality. Plan and implement new technologies and major releases for the most critical enterprise-wide business applications. Test, install, and migrate software, patches.
- Communicate with IT groups to assess systems risks on those areas and to keep groups apprised of systems issues that may have an impact on those areas, including projected down times and business risks. Communicates with IT vendors to research and resolve issues.
- Providing services and feedback to users and management in accordance with formal SLAs
- Develops technical standards. Tests and evaluates IT vendor products.
- Learns and understands client area business functions and requirements. Has the ability to determine the appropriate technical tool to address the client's business needs.
- Ensures compliance with policies, procedures and regulations to ensure safe and sound business operations.
- Experience Supporting Implementing and Maintaining HRIS Systems
- Experience Supporting Implementing and Maintaining Cloud Based Applications
- Experience with implementing API’s
- Experience with and/or Administrative Skills in the following a plus: Fuze, Salesforce, Netsuite, Dell Boomi, Jira/Confuence, Coupa, Bamboo HR, Linux
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
**FlexTrade Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.**