Software Developer (Backend API)
Great Neck, New York, United StatesEngineering & Development
FlexTrade Systems is a financial technology Software Company headquartered in Great Neck, New York. We are celebrating 26 years as industrial pioneer and a global leader in broker-neutral, trading platforms for equities, foreign exchange, options, futures, and fixed income. With 500+ employees across 10+ offices in North America, Europe and Asia, and a worldwide client base both from Buy Side and Sell Side business. It is an exciting time to join FlexTrade. Each line of business and region is at different growth phases. Across its functional teams, FlexTrade is taking bold steps to transform its business and approach to position itself for the next phase of growth.
As a Backend API software developer, you will design, build, test and maintain new trading and pricing applications and enhance existing ones. You will be working across the full stack with performance and latency considerations. You are a generalist working on both frontend, backend and external APIs. You are enthusiastic about technology, quick learner, and a team player.
- Design and implement high performance trading APIs.
- Design, build and maintain data pipeline for trading analytics.
- Implement automated tests and work with QA teams to create test plans.
- Create design, test & deployment documents.
- Collaborate with teams in various regions and stakeholders.
- Masters/ Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science.
- Experience in one or more general purpose programming languages: Java/C++/ Golang.
- 2+ years of development including WebSockets & REST.
- Familiarity with best practices for API Development.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
Nice to have:
**FlexTrade Systems, Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an authorized agreement for a particular SOW (Statement of Work) in place is hired: such resumes are deemed the sole property of FlexTrade Systems, Inc.**
**FlexTrade Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.**